Friday, March 13, 2015

Someone Pinch Me

So while on vacation with my family this spring break, I received some awesome news.  I was checking my email on the very slow (I mean dial up could have beaten it) internet connection in the town we were staying at, and I get an email from For the Love Team.  SQUEAL!!!

Now backtrack a week ago, I was looking at Facebook, and I saw this...


Of course I jump on, apply less than an hour after the original post, then proceed to check Facebook and email a ridiculous amount of times for the rest of the week.  When I hadn't heard anything before we left on vacation, I had convinced myself that they were still sorting through everything, since I had read on Facebook that they had about 5000 applicants and only 500 spots (WOW!).  A little part of me knew my chances were slim and prepared for the worst.  I went on vacation vowing not to be obsessed with checking email, and I did pretty good. I was just checking that night for the first time the whole day, and up the email popped!  

I had to read it twice to make sure I was not just reading what I wanted to read!  It started off with the best message from Jen herself, then went on to explain the details of the launch team.  I seriously have been on cloud 9 since!  If you haven't realized it by now, I am slightly obsessed with Jen (in a healthy, love her perspective and message way, although I am a little starstruck at the thought of seeing her at Women of Faith this year!)  I am currently leading an online study on her book 7, and her other book I read earlier this year, Interrupted, has completely ruined my life for good!

I am honored and a little overwhelmed at the opportunity to be a part of the release of her new book, For the Love.  I still feel like I am dreaming, but it's for real!! While I can't divulge any information yet, be on the lookout for tidbits from the book (I have have only just started, and I am already loving it!) and information on how to pre-order it.  If you keep up with Jen Hatmaker on Facebook or on Jen's blog, you have seen her mention the book For the Love as she has gone through the writing process.  The full title is For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards.  Just the title has me nodding and saying, "Yes!"

While this is a journey that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be on, here I am!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for me with this one!  Stay tuned....


2 comments: