Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jesus and Halloween

Well this week has been a little crazy with the usual activities, plus doctor visits, starting of puppy training, field trips, finding clothes for the kids to match the daily theme for Red Ribbon week, and getting ready for Halloween.  This year I have actually done well with preparing early, so there is no last minute rush to get costumes, candy, or decor.  We are set.  So with that feeling of accomplishment, I wanted to add another element to our Halloween...Jesus.

I know that a lot of people are wondering how the two correlate.  Our Almighty Savior and King and a holiday which started as a pagan celebration where children dress up, sometimes as demons and evil spirits.  Yes, but I prefer to think of it as a holiday where my evangelically-challenged self can do some spreading of the Gospel. :)

What I have done is easy, and I am planning on having my kiddos help me out with the process (a little at-home mission project)!  I simply put a picture of a jack-o-lantern on a document then included the verse "Let your light shine before people, so they can see the good things you do and praise your Father who is in heaven. – Matthew 5:16"  I added a little "Happy Halloween" at the bottom, printed them, and we will cut them out and tape them to the candy and other goodies we have to hand out on Halloween.  




Being in a new neighborhood, I have no idea how many kiddos to expect, but knowing that candy and goodies are a hit on Halloween, and with our taped messages, we will be able to spread the love of Jesus to lots of kiddos!  Easy and simple way to bring God into the conversation of Halloween, and involve the kids in spreading the God's word.

I know it's not earth-shattering or reaching millions, but it's something, and who knows how it will touch those kiddos and their families, and how many others they may reach in future. :)  

If you would like to print of some of the labels to put on your Halloween treats, I have created a link to the PDF.

Halloween blessing


Happy and Safe Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment